A Sample Passage from Philippians 2:
5. You see, this way of thinking (this attitude and disposition) is continuously within and among you folks (or, as an imperative: So let this minding be habitually within you folks) – which [is] also within Christ Jesus,
6. Who, starting and continuing as inherently existing (or: beginning under; subsisting) within God's form (or: an outward mold which is God), He does not consider the [situation] to be equals in God a plunder (or: a pillaging; a robbery; a snatching; or: a thing or situation seized and held),
(or: Who, [although] constantly humbly and
supportively ruling in union with an external
shape and an outward appearance from God,
did not give consideration to a seizure: the
[situation] to continuously exist being the
same thing as God, even on the same levels in
God, or equal [things; aspects] to God,)
7. but to the contrary, He empties Himself (or: removed the contents of Himself; made Himself empty), receiving (or: taking; accepting) a slave's form (external shape; outward mold), coming to be (or: birthing Himself) within humanity's (mankind's; peoples’) likeness.
8. And so, being found in a present condition and outward appearance (or: fashion) as a human (a person; a man), He lowers Himself (or: humbled Himself; made Himself low; degrades Himself; levels Himself off), coming to be (or: birthing Himself) a submissive, obedient One (one who gives the ear and listens) as far as (or: to the point of; until) death – but death of a cross (torture stake)!
9. For this reason, God also lifts Him up above (or: highly exalted Him; elevates Him over)and by grace gives to Him (or: joyously favors on Him) the Name – the one over and above every name! –
10. to the end that within The Name: Jesus! (or: in union with the name of Jesus; in the midst of the Name belonging to [Yahweh-the-Savior]), every knee (= person) – of the folks upon the heaven (of those belonging to the super-heaven, or [situated] upon the atmosphere) and of the people existing upon the earth and of the folks dwelling down under the ground (or: on the level of or pertaining to subterranean ones) – may bend (or: would bow) in worship, prayer or allegiance,
11. and every tongue (= person) may speak out the same thing (should and would openly agree, confess and acclaim) that Jesus Christ [is] Lord (Master; Owner) – [leading] into [the] glory of Father God (or: unto Father God's good reputation; [progressing] into a manifestation which calls forth praise unto God [the] Father)!
(Updated 2015 Version)
More sample passages and verses:
ALL 5 OF JONATHAN'S
(Updated 2015 Edition)
JONATHAN'S 4TH COMMENTARY
Peter's Encore & Later Paul
Comments on 2 Peter & Ephesians
JONATHAN'S 3RD COMMENTARY
Comments on Romans
JONATHAN'S 2ND COMMENTARY
John, Judah, Paul & ?
Comments on 6 Epistles
JONATHAN'S 1ST COMMENTARY
Peter, Paul & Jacob
Comments on 9 Epistles
Jonathan's first four volumes in a series of New Testament commentaries
Great companions to:
The New Testament
If you like the Amplified Bible, this translation unpacks more Word!
GOD'S MESSAGE OF
WHICH BRINGS GOD'S
GIFTS OF HIS SPIRIT,
HIS LIFE, HIS GRACE,
HIS POWER, HIS
FAIRNESS, HIS PEACE
AND HIS LOVE