A Sample Passage from 2 Peter 3:
7. Yet at the present time the heavens and the earth (or: the atmospheres and skies, as well as the land), by the same Word (or: in the same Logos) – having been collected and being stored up as treasure, by (or: in; for; with) fire – continuously exist, being constantly kept (watched, guarded and maintained) with a view to a day of separating for deciding (or: judging), as well as of loss, ruin or destruction which pertains to the irreverent humans (or: of people devoid of reverential awe toward God).
8. Yet now this one thing [p72: But in this] – let it not continue unnoticed, escape your detection, or be hidden from you – beloved ones, one day beside the Lord [is] as a thousand years, and yet a thousand years [is] as one day.
9. The Lord [= Yahweh] is not continually delaying the promise, as certain folks consider delay, but rather is constantly patient (long of emotion and slow in passion; long before rushing heatedly) unto you, constantly not intending any folks to be lost (or: to destroy themselves), but to the contrary, [for] all people to make room and progress into a change of mind (or: = repentance and a return to God).
10. So the day of the Lord [= Yahweh] will arrive as a thief [i.e., suddenly and without notice], in which [day] the heavens (or: atmospheres; or: skies) will pass by with the noise of sudden movement, but so rudimentary, elementary principles
(or: basic component and parts of a system
arranged in rows, or a grid; e.g., the elements
and assumptions of a religious or intellectual
system), being progressively heated as with a burning fever, will be loosed (unfastened; unbound; or: nullified; destroyed). And then land (or: soil; ground; earth; or: = a territory) – along with the things produced (or: actions; deeds; workmanships; accomplishments) [note: God's and/or man's] within the midst of it – will be found (or: discovered; found out) [p72 adds: being progressively loosed (or: destroyed); A reads: will be burned up]!
11. With all these people thus, then, being loosed, one after another (or: being in the process of being progressively unbound; or: with all these things being dissolved in this way), in what sort of way is it continuously necessary and binding for you folks [other MSS: us] to constantly subsist (or: humbly rule or supportively possess)? Within set-apart (or: holy; sacred), upturned modes of behavior and lives of good awe, worship, reverence and adoration,
12. while constantly being receptive toward and progressively hastening after the presence of God's Day (or: the presence, which is God's day; or: the presence of the day which has the quality and character of God and which is God), through which heavens (or: skies; atmospheres) – being continuously on fire – will be loosed (or: untied); and so [the body of] elements (rudimentary principles and assumptions; component parts of the system) – continuously being intensely hot and burning – is being progressively melted down (or: liquefied).
(Updated 2015 Version)
More sample passages and verses:
ALL 5 OF JONATHAN'S
(Updated 2015 Edition)
JONATHAN'S 4TH COMMENTARY
Peter's Encore & Later Paul
Comments on 2 Peter & Ephesians
JONATHAN'S 3RD COMMENTARY
Comments on Romans
JONATHAN'S 2ND COMMENTARY
John, Judah, Paul & ?
Comments on 6 Epistles
JONATHAN'S 1ST COMMENTARY
Peter, Paul & Jacob
Comments on 9 Epistles
Jonathan's first four volumes in a series of New Testament commentaries
Great companions to:
The New Testament
If you like the Amplified Bible, this translation unpacks more Word!
GOD'S MESSAGE OF
WHICH BRINGS GOD'S
GIFTS OF HIS SPIRIT,
HIS LIFE, HIS GRACE,
HIS POWER, HIS
FAIRNESS, HIS PEACE
AND HIS LOVE