A Sample Passage from 1 John 1:
1. The One was continuously existing from [the] beginning. The One we have listened to, and still hear; the One we have seen, and now yet perceive with our eyes (by our eyes; in our eyes); the One we gazed upon as a public spectacle (as an exhibit in a theater) and our hands handled (felt about for and touched) – groping around the Word of the Life
(or: the Logos, which is the Life; the thought
which pertains to life; the Idea from the Life;
the message which has the character and
qualities of the Life; the Reason which belongs
to the Life; [note: I have treated ho as the
definite article in the first four phrases here
and in vs. 3; many treat it as a neuter relative
and render it: That which; or: the first phrase
could read: He Who continued being from
Headship and Rule])
2. And the Life was (or: is) manifested (made visible; brought into the clear light) and we have seen, and still observe, and are repeatedly testifying (bearing witness; giving evidence) and in a message are constantly reporting to you folks the Life which has the character and qualities of the Age (or: the life pertaining to the ages; eonian life) which Certain [Life] was continuously existing [oriented and proceeding] toward (or: was face to face with) the Father, and was (or: is) manifested (made visible) to us (in us; by us; for us).
3. The One we have seen, and still now see, and we have heard, and now continue hearing, we are also constantly reporting to you, to the end that you, too, may be continuously having fellowship (or: would be progressively holding partnership and enjoying common participation) with us. And yet, our common participation (fellowship; partnership) [is] with the Father, even with His Son (or: and with the Son which is Him), Jesus Christ.
From 1 John 2:
2. And He Himself exists continually being a cover around our mistakes and errors, sheltering us from their effects so that we can be in peaceful and rightwised relationships (or: being the act by which our sins and failures are made ineffective, effecting conciliation [to us]), yet not only around those pertaining to us (or: having their source in us), but further, even around the whole ordered System (dominating world of culture, economy, religion and government; or: cosmos; adorned universe; or: = all mankind)!
From 1 John 3:
9. Everyone who has been given birth, and is now born, from out of the midst of God is not habitually practicing failure to hit the target (doing sin; producing error), because His seed is continuously remaining (dwelling; abiding) within him (or: within Him), and he is not able (or: he has no power) to constantly fail to hit the target (repeatedly sin; continuously deviate; go on failing), because he has been born forth from out of God.
(Updated 2015 Version)
More sample passages and verses:
ALL 5 OF JONATHAN'S
(Updated 2015 Edition)
JONATHAN'S 4TH COMMENTARY
Peter's Encore & Later Paul
Comments on 2 Peter & Ephesians
JONATHAN'S 3RD COMMENTARY
Comments on Romans
JONATHAN'S 2ND COMMENTARY
John, Judah, Paul & ?
Comments on 6 Epistles
JONATHAN'S 1ST COMMENTARY
Peter, Paul & Jacob
Comments on 9 Epistles
Jonathan's first four volumes in a series of New Testament commentaries
Great companions to:
The New Testament
If you like the Amplified Bible, this translation unpacks more Word!
GOD'S MESSAGE OF
WHICH BRINGS GOD'S
GIFTS OF HIS SPIRIT,
HIS LIFE, HIS GRACE,
HIS POWER, HIS
FAIRNESS, HIS PEACE
AND HIS LOVE